Malaysia is a country that never fails to surprise!
Malaysia is much more than Kuala Lumpur & just tropical rainforests. From old cities such as Melaka to the highlands with tea plantations like the Cameron Highlands, the wonderful islands & so much more. Malaysia has the perfect Vacation mix with its diversified culture & cuisine along with all scenic & heritage attractions.
When We talk about travel abroad, the first question that crops up is all the Why, What, How, Where related to Visa. Through this blog, we aim to address all the queries related to the types of Malaysia visas for Indians along with the cost, procedure, and the documents required to apply for the visa.
The most common query which travelers have is which is a better form of visa for a trip to Malaysia Visa On Arrival or An E-Visa Malaysia?
It is a general belief that the visa-on-arrival (VOA) is more convenient than applying for an online tourist visa for Malaysia. But the fact is slightly different.
For Indians there are two ways to apply for a Malaysia Visa:
Either manually through the consulate or an E-Visa Malaysia through an online application.
For Manual Application:-
To get a Malaysia visa manually for Indian citizens, you need to visit the one-stop center (OSC). These centers are present in select cities in India, namely, Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai. You need to pay a fee to get the visa application form. After filling up the form you need to stand in long queues to submit the form and other documents. Then, You need to pay the visa processing fee through a DD. You need to wait for 4-5 working days to collect the visa at the consulate center.
Visa fee: INR 4720/-
Since 2017, the Malaysian Government has offered special E-visa only for the citizens of India & China.
In the case Of E-visa, one has three options to choose from –
- Single Entry Visa-
A single entry visa permits you to visit Malaysia for 30 days. This period is not extendable.
Since this visa is useful only for a one-time entry, if you wish to re-enter Malaysia you need to apply for a new visa.
Validity- 30 days
Fee:- INR 2750/-,
- Multiple Entry Visa-
Multiple entry visa offers you the convenience of leaving and re-entering Malaysia several times within the period of visa validity. This visa can be valid for a duration of 30 days to 6 months.
Validity -30 days
Fee:- INR 3100/-
- Entry Visa-
Short Form for Electronic Travel Registration and Information, this type of Malaysia tourist visa for Indians is perfect if you’re planning a short trip to the exquisite islands, lush tropical rainforests of Malaysia
Validity -15 day
Visa On Arrival-
If you are an Indian Citizen who wants to opt for a Visa On arrival after entering Malaysia, you can do so only if you enter Malaysia from Thailand, Indonesia, or Singapore. The Visa On Arrival is valid only for 7 days & its fee is INR 6977/-
Malaysia E-Visa Requirements:-
To apply for a Malaysia visa, you need to submit a variety of documents or Apostille service
These required documents are compulsory for all visa applicants:
- Scanned copy of the first and last pages of passport with at least 6 months’ validity and 3 empty pages for entry and exit stamps.
- A clear soft copy of your photograph in JPEG or PNG format
- Travel itinerary in PDF format
Malaysia visa photo specifications:-
If your photo does not match the specifications as per the embassy, your visa may get rejected.
The Malaysia visa photo specifications are as follows-
- Malaysia visa photo size should be 35mm x 50mm
- The photo must be against a white background without any shadows
- There should be no frame or borders
- The face must have at least 80% of coverage without restrictions
- The photo must be recent (within the last 6 months)
Where Can You Apply For A Malaysian Visa?
You can apply for a Malaysia visa through the official website or Visa Consultant like us. If you apply for your visa through the official website, you will get no Assistance. But applying for your visa through us will benefit you with Flawless Assistance & Hassle-Free Visa Approval.
How To Apply For E Visa Malaysia-
- Visit Tourisa.in
- Book Your Consultation
- Get On a Call With A Visa Expert
- Fill in the application form and submit all the documents under Tourisa Visa Experts Flawless Assistance
- Pay The Visa Fees
- Now Sit Back & Relax, leave all the documentation, long- waiting hour stress to Tourisa.
- Tourisa will take care of all the formalities & bring forth your approved Malaysia E- Visa Within 48 Hours.
Malaysia E-Visa FAQs
- Do Indians need a visa to go to Malaysia?
Yes! All Indians must obtain a Malaysia visa for entering and staying in Malaysia. You can easily obtain an online visa for Malaysia through Tourisa
- How long can I stay in Malaysia with an Online visa?
The allowed stay period differs depending on the visa type you got. If you have an entry visa, you can stay for a maximum of 15 days in Malaysia. In case you obtained another form e Visa, your stay period will be up to 29 days or less.
- Should I have any documents handy when I Arrive in Malaysia?
- Yes, you need to have the following documents:
- Printed visa PDF.
- Sufficient funds (Cash, Debit, or Credit Cards) cover expenses while in Malaysia.
- Return flight ticket.
- Proof of accommodation
4. Is It Safe To Use Tourisa To Get Malaysia E-Visa?
Personal Data Security is a genuine concern, many people think online data can be easily hacked and procured but this is not the case with Tourisa we invest a lot into the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here.
We hope we have been able to solve all your queries related to Malaysia Visa. Still, If there are any doubts or concerns please feel free to call us at 01141445079 or mail us at [email protected]