Easiest countries to get a schengen visa

Easiest countries to get a Schengen visa

Schengen is the name given to an agreement that has 26 European countries. All of these countries share the same visa policies and have border rules with other members. Being a part of Schengen allows one to stay in any member country for up to 90 days in 6 months. However, it should be noted that not all countries share the same success rates when receiving visas. Those who receive many applications are more likely to reject them than those who receive few.

Schengen visas allow a person to move around in the area without any border controls. The Schengen Area covers 26 countries, which are located in Europe.
Applicants should be citizens of a Non-European country and they must be traveling within a time frame justified by the purpose of the trip. They must have medical insurance and their passport must be valid and must be at least 3 months after the visa application date.

‘Schengen’ is named after the small winemaking town and commune of Schengen in far southeastern Luxembourg, where France, Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands signed a treaty known as ‘the Schengen Agreement.

Image Source – https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/schengen-visa-rules.jpg

What is the processing time of a Schengen visa?

Schengen visas usually take 15 days to process but can take up to 60 days under certain circumstances, so you should allow plenty of time for your application to be processed.

Now that you are familiar with the Schengen Visa and its requirements, and you are planning a European vacation, here’s a list of the easiest countries to obtain a Schengen visa.


Switzerland is a beautiful tourist destination. Its scenic mountains are one of the most sought-after tourist attractions. Using SwUsing you can plan a trip to Switzerland without much thinking as it has fewer rejection rates.


As the country of one thousand lakes, Finland also has a reputation for being the happiest place in the world. However, if you want to apply for visas here, you need to make sure that you have health insurance to cover emergencies.


The New Delhi consulate has a rejection rate of just 12%, so you will probably be able to get an Iceland tourist visa easily. Because this country receives fewer visa applications, it is also an excellent choice for obtaining a Schengen visa.


A short-term visa is more likely to be granted in Estonia, as 1.6% of their applications were rejected in 2018 and the rest were granted entry into the Schengen Area. The smaller amount of visa requests made it less crowded than other embassies and therefore more likely to meet the waiting time requirement.


The tiny landlocked country with less than 10,000sq.km of territory and a population of only 594,310 is also an option to gain access to the Schengen. The Eurostat reports show that it has one of the lowest rejection rates for Visa applications at 3.7%. Surprisingly, it is also the country that receives the least number of applications per year.


Latvia is an easy Schengen country from which to get a visa. In 2017, 97.9% of the applications for Schengen visas submitted to Latvia were accepted, with only 2.1% rejected according to reports. This means one holds a brighter chance to get a Schengen visa through this country.


If you are looking for a Schengen visa, Lithuania is the country with the shortest wait time. Compared to France and Germany, Lithuania receives fewer applications and it is almost guaranteed that those who come here will receive the visa they are applying for.


The applicant may be rejected, however, the chance is 5.55%. This country is unfamiliar to many people. Its food and drinks are well-known, including its chocolates, Belgium waffles, and beer. The country is bordered by four other European countries: Germany, Netherlands, France, and Luxembourg.


Poland is also an easier country to obtain a visa. Polish Schengen visa applicants have a 97% chance of getting a positive answer despite a 0.9 difference from Latvia. Only 3% of visas were rejected in the Central European country.


In 2014, Greece had a rejection rate of only 2%, but things have changed. Now, you have a 4.9% chance of being rejected if you apply for a Germany Schengen visa. 95.1% of the applications received by Greek embassies abroad were approved last year. Last year, 855,285 applications were received from Greece for short-term stays in the Schengen area.


Those who apply for a Schengen visa at a Slovak consulate have a 95.8% chance of being approved. The Slovak embassies abroad rejected 4.2% of the 26,797 applications received in 2018, making it the fifth least-applied Schengen country.

Now that you are well informed about the country’s difficulty to get a Schengen visa it is also important to choose a reliable and efficient visa consultant like Tourisa, before planning a trip to the Schengen countries, it not only lessens your headache but also increases the chances of you getting hold of your visas.

Leave a comment